In the song ‘Fruitcakes’ by Jimmy Buffet, there is a verse that states:
“I treat my body like a temple, you treat your’s like a tent.”
Such a simple yet very powerful verse.
We often hear people say, “treat your body like a temple”, and they say this with good reason.
We get one body. One life. One opportunity to live to the fullest.
And I don’t know about you, but I want to make the most of this one life I was given.
- Why spend it being unhealthy when you can be healthy and full of energy?
- Why spend it sitting when you can spend it moving and seeing the amazements of this world?
- Why eat foods that suck the life out of you and make you sicker by the day?
- Why hold yourself back because of health issues when all it takes is a little dedication to get your life back on track?
- Why treat your body as a tent when you can treat it like a temple?
No one has ever said life is easy, nor will anyone ever say that.
If someone says life is easy, they truly haven’t lived.
Life is meant to be a challenge, a constant effort to do what is right for your future.
Life is about stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things.
This is how we grow, become better people, broaden our minds, and LIVE!
With the one life you have to live, do you want to spend it limited by treating your body like a tent or do you want to spend it limitless by treating your body like a temple?
Treating your body like a tent is easy…
- Eat whatever food, whenever you want.
- Don’ exercise.
- Play video games and watch endless hours of TV.
- Stop learning.
- Don’t read or study.
- Sleep in till 4pm on weekends.
I know all that sounds great to some of you, but is that really living?
Is that really going to fulfill your purpose here on earth?
Will not exercising, eating poorly, and doing nothing satisfy the urge that is deep down inside of you to do something great?
No, no it won’t.
If you truly want to live, you must start treating yourself and your body as a temple: spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, …
- Eating foods that provide you energy, focus, and lifelong health.
- Exercising at least a few times per week.
- Spending time in prayer, meditation, and quiet.
- Walking and moving daily.
- Reading and studying something of interest.
- Building relationships.
- Getting out of you comfort zone.
- Waking early to accomplish something.
- Pushing for bigger and better goals.
- Being ambitious.
When my life is done, I want to confidently be able to say “I treated my body like a temple.” Not just in the form fitness, but in all aspects of life.
If you truly want to start changing your life, start with this question:
“Am I treating my body as a temple or a tent?”
Then, go out and LIVE!